Independent Market Animal Junior Livestock Exhibitor Local Rules
To show and sell at the 2017 Colusa County Fair an Independent Junior Exhibitor must register with the Colusa Fair Entry Office by December 1, 2016.
At this time you must list:
- Project or Species
- Name of the Adult that will be supervising you while on the Fairgrounds.
- Parent/Guardian must sign the registration at this time.
Exhibitor Age and Other Requirements:
- Must be 9 years old or in the 4th grade by January 1, 2017. Exhibitors are eligible to compete through December 31st of the year in which they turn 19.
- Must submit a photo of the exhibitor with the animal prior to the date required for ownership of that specie.
- Must not be affiliated with any Junior Organization (4-H or FFA) within 60 days (120 days for market beef) before the Fair in the same livestock project (species)
- Must provide proof of Liability Insurance coverage for themselves as required by local and State Rules. (May purchase through Fair Office)
- Must attend scheduled weigh in day.
- Must make a presentation about their project to the Fair Manager or Board of Directors.
- Must keep a Record Book (provided by the fair) that must be turned into the Fair Entry Office by 4:00 p.m. on the first day of the 2016 Colusa County Fair.
- Must submit a Thank You note written to the buyer and turned into the Fair Entry Office in an addressed, stamped envelope after the awards ceremony on Sunday.
Independent Exhibitors shall show in age appropriate division as per their age/year in school as of January 1, 2017. 8th Grade/13 or under 4-H High School/14 or over FFA