SATURDAY, JUNE 9th, 2018
9:00 a.m. - Sale starts
12:00 noon - Buyers Lunch
Buyers Lunch Sponsored by ADM Rice Inc.
1:00 p.m. - Ag Mechanics Auction Starts
2:00 pm - Sale of Champions
Junior Livestock Auction Rules
- Market animals must be shown as individuals in their respective classes and be judged Market Ready to be eligible to sell in the Junior Livestock Auction.
- The show uniforms as noted on page 77 of the pdf entry guide and must be worn in the sale ring.
- The sale will be limited to one animal per exhibitor, except rabbits and poultry, which will be limited to one meat pen of three animals.
- The Sale Order is: Hogs, Beef, Goat, Sheep, Poultry, Rabbit.
- Unless otherwise specified by the exhibitor, by the completion of showing, the highest grading/placing market animal shown by the exhibitor will sell at the auction. All Champions must sell. In the event that an exhibitor has more than one Champion animal, the highest placing Champion must sell.
- Exhibitors must sell their own animal in the JLA. Only the Livestock Auction Committee Chairperson and the exhibitor’s leader or advisor, acting jointly may release the exhibitor from this rule.
- All exhibitors selling animals at the auction shall be assessed a sellers fee to offset auction expenses. No profits will be realized by Colusa-Glenn Farm Credit, financing and operating agency of the sale, auctioneers, or the fair management. Any reserves of the assessed sellers fee will be retained in the Junior Livestock Auction Fund for contingencies, future sales, and barn area improvements.
- Terms of Sale: Cash, Checks made payable to: 44th DAA JLA, or Visa and MasterCard will be accepted at the Livestock Office.
- After the animal is sold the exhibitor shall return his/her animal to its pen and continue to feed and water the animal until it is shipped on Sunday.
- Animals not sold thru the auction are the responsibility of the exhibitors. Animals such as seconds, not sold thru the auction, may not leave the fairgrounds before 10:00 a.m. on Sunday